'I'm so happy, oh so happy '

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
'I'm as happy as happy can be' :biggrin:

God bless carboot sales....got me some bargains today...

Two brand new Bikehut Kevar Weave hybrid tyres, still with the cards attatched....
'How much are they ?'
'How much do you want to pay'
'Err, fiver for the two ?'

Yep, that's ok...said the lady

:thumbsup::biggrin::smile:;)

Here they are, £14.99 each
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/...ryId_31420_crumb_33980_parentcategoryrn_31420

Thirty quids worth of tyres....for a fiver.

Also got a brand new, boxed Taya 9 speed chain, still boxed, although without the quick link for ....50p :tongue:

Granted it's a cheap chain (i fink), but 50p :tongue:

bonj2

the chain's probably a fake, but it should still work.

Keith Oates

Janner
Nice to get a bargain gbb, it also makes me wonder how people end up with ths stuff for sale, unless 'it fell off the back of a lorry' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bobg

Über Member
Nice one GGB, you got my share of todays bargains. My new Campag Xenons STI's (£12 ) are made of plastic and tin and the new Acor clip on mudguards (£3 ) dont fit cos the seat stay's too thin ;)

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
Keith Oates said:
Nice to get a bargain gbb, it also makes me wonder how people end up with ths stuff for sale, unless 'it fell off the back of a lorry' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ive wondered about this in the past...i have seen (only once) a stall with a fair bit of new stuff on it...hmmmm.
Then comes the moral dilemma...to buy or not.
Of course you buy...if i dont someone else will, and i can't be sure if its legit or not anyway :biggrin:.

Yesterdays tyres, a normal stall with just those cycling related items on....i'd quite rightly assume someone brought the stuff , never used it for whatever reason...sold it to get rid.

Tetedelacourse

People just buying stuff and then going off the hobby, I'd imagine, or change in circumstances. I've still got my entomologist starter kit but I'm never going to use it, which bugs me. I suppose I could fly-tip it.

yenrod

bobg said:
Nice one GGB, you got my share of todays bargains. My new Campag Xenons STI's (£12 ) are made of plastic and tin and the new Acor clip on mudguards (£3 ) dont fit cos the seat stay's too thin :rolleyes:

Campagnolo ARE Ergo & Shimano are STi !

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
The carboot bargains continue :smile:
This Sundays foray got me a brand new silver Alivio rear mech, still boxed, although the box is a bit tatty ...£2 :biggrin:
I even found a chain splitter in the box...even better.
Zefal 3 pump...fairly good condition...50p
Haynes Bike manual...just a little tatty, slighly creased cover...£1.50

Anything interesting out there for anyone else ?

Top Bottom