I'm such an ar**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisKH

Guru
Finished tinkering with the set-up on the shiny road bike yesterday, took it out for a spin at 10.45 pm with lights on. Came back turned into my road (which is steeply uphill) with a white van behind me. The road narrows as someone had parked opposite my drive so I unclipped and lent inwards (probably unnecessarily) for the van, which is now revving it's engine, to get past. Unfortunately I had lent right and unclipped on the left.........cue me crashing to the ground still clipped in; nice large cut on elbow, front cog striated gashes to the ankle and a scratched rear mech. ;) Will I ever learn? :thumbsdown:

simonali

Guru
I hate doing that, as the leg you need to get back up with is still attached to the pedal!

SamNichols

Oh yes, we have all had a clippy pedal fall at inopprtune moments; my finest was on my first club run (I never did quite live that down). Bad luck to you, and I'm glad that the shiny road bike came back largely unharmed.

OP
OP
ChrisKH

ChrisKH

Guru
yenrod said:
>front cog striated gashes to the ankle

Painfull !!!!!!!!! :thumbsdown:

Thanks for people's best wishes.

I'm in the doghouse today as I bled all over the best duvet. Oh well you live and learn. Sometimes.;)

Melvil

Been there. Done it. Looked really doopid! As Keith says, you're not alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
No comfort from the better half from the injuries.... oopps !!!

Top Bottom