i'm sure i've asked before but...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kedab

Veteran
i had a quick squiz through my posts and couldn't find it and it's an issue i failed to resolve so...with your permission:

105 brifters - the reach, for my sausage fingers, is just that little bit too far for me not to have to twist my wrist to fully grab the rather important blighters while in the drops. i'm fine on the hoods, the pull on the brifters is sharp enough to not require a big handful in order to stop (i can lock up while on the hoods if i get a bit twitchy) but...in the drops i can't get my digits comfortably around the buggers without, as i say, twisting my wrists slightly. i know you can get 'pads' to shorten the reach - i bought the specialized ones that say they fit...they freakin well don't. only a couple of quid so no bother but i was rather vexed...i'm sure it can be sorted in a home-made fashion...any tips/tricks/advice, you luvverly people? cut the ones i bought down to size and sitck 'em in, or am i missing a rather simple trick here/ :thumbsup:

Gave up on the inserts as one fell out all the time but I've sadly no wise words to offer:sad:

alicat

Legendary Member
It sounds like the adjusters you used are for different shifters. Try googling the exact model number and seeking what comes up.

accountantpete

Brexiteer
The problem with the Specialized shims is that they are made for specific 105's and Shimano have changed the design a bit.

One google suggests that the shims are for 9spd 105 and 10 spd DA and Ultegra.

OP
OP
kedab

kedab

Veteran
The problem with the Specialized shims is that they are made for specific 105's and Shimano have changed the design a bit.

One google suggests that the shims are for 9spd 105 and 10 spd DA and Ultegra.

ayup - that's the conclusion i came to though not before i bought them. i might have a little tinker and see if i can make something of them but if it all comes to nothing then it's not a massive issue. cheers peeps :thumbsup:

Top Bottom