I'm trying...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lonestar

Veteran
Just turn up at one of there meeting places.:okay:

Im thinking of doing this for a forum ride sometime.

SWSteve

Guru
Since picking up my bike and moving twice I have been out with 3 clubs. I emailed all of them beforehand. 2 very good, quick reply. One, not so quick, not so much info.

of the two quick replies, one called me to ask how I was, how long I had been in The area and what I knew of cycling locally - the answers to this were more or less 'I've just moved here and don't want to get lost, take me along with you please'. The other sent me a pdf explaining all aboard it th club, and the member offers on certain brands!!! The also said t call if I wanted to know any more info, or who to call if I was lost on anything.

The main lesson I got from them was, please call us - it's easy to email and then not do anything after, but if you call you can actually talk to someone so they can help you to make the most of the club.

More of what everyone else has said really

OP
OP
3narf

3narf

For whom the bell dings
I got there for 9 but there was no sign of anyone. I did 10 miles on my own, got back at half nine just as 3 or 4 people were setting off from Cafe Nero; not sure if they were from a club or not and they looked like they were going off on an epic ride, as they had winter gear on and bags.

Anyway, I set off on my own and did a further 25 miles via Cricklade. It was a great ride tbh.

As Gilbert O'Sullivan said- alone again, naturally...

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
I got there for 9 but there was no sign of anyone. I did 10 miles on my own, got back at half nine just as 3 or 4 people were setting off from Cafe Nero; not sure if they were from a club or not and they looked like they were going off on an epic ride, as they had winter gear on and bags.

Anyway, I set off on my own and did a further 25 miles via Cricklade. It was a great ride tbh.

As Gilbert O'Sullivan said- alone again, naturally...

Well, at least you got out for a ride! Nevermind... it was worth a go. Plenty more clubs around :smile:

Top Bottom