Impatient driver!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

girovago

..traffic only doing about 10mph so I was easily keeping pace with the traffic - big fat new BMW behind me keeps beeping me to get out of the way! What for?

Well I've always taken beeps from following cars as confirmation that my lane positioning is spot on...

dand_uk

Today I was beeped for taking the right hand lane (of two) at a roundabout to turn right (third exit). HOW DARE I!

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
I had a woman today be very impatient. It wasnt directed towards me but I was partly involved.

I was travelling down a road with speed humps and there was a minivan behind me waiting patiently for a chance to overtake. As we got to a junction on the right, a woman overtook the minivan and me and darted in to go over the speed hump. She didnt pass me closely or anything, I was just a bit surprised that she felt that impatient.
The minivan behind me then passed me very safely and very wide.

The incidents I am having are getting less and less now so this was probably the worst of the week.

On the up side, I did have a nice woman thank me for moving over for her. TBH I was moving over anyway so was a bit confused as to why she thanked me. I appreciated it anyway.

Norm

Sometimes when they do that I stop in front of them, get off my bike, give it a good looking over, shrug that I can't see what they are beeping about, get back on it and ride off.
I did that in a fuel station yesterday. Filled up, paid, jumped in and was sorting out my wallet when someone behind me beeped. I got out and slowly checked the back of the car, checked the fuel flap was closed, checked the tyres then went round to the (by now beetroot-coloured) chap sitting in his car and said "Wassup?" :laugh:

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
I think getting off your bike when being beeped isnt really something that you should do. Unless you can see that the traffic is stopping in front of you and you have time to get off and mess about, I wouldnt reccomend stopping in the middle of the road.

Top Bottom