Implants

Would you get an implant?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 100.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lucas.S

Hi guys,
So, I work for a small London based startup called Impli specializing in implantable technologies and I wanted to hear your opinions on implants.

It is basically a storage of public and private medical records. The goal is to help you have your medical records on you 24/7 in a small implant, everywhere in the world. I come to this forum to try and get some feedback from your community as one of our customers is a cyclist. The idea is that if you were to be in an accident, and unconscious when the first responders arrive, they could have access to your medical records quickly in order to know your blood type, allergies to some medications etc...

If you are curious, please feel free to listen to Archie's story (one of our first cyclists that had an implant) (
View: https://www.instagram.com/p/CG-ulcgDp5r/
)

Would you get an Implant? Do you think it is useful for the cyclist community?

Thank you for taking the time,
Lucas

classic33

Leg End Member
How are you planning on storing and allowing access?
What guarantee can you give that you'll not misuse that access?
How widespread is the availability of the readers to first responders?
What is/will be the cost?
Can it be removed?
Will strong magnetic fields have any adverse effects on the person?
Will strong magnetic fields have any adverse effects on the implant?

Thinking MRI scanners for these last two

Last edited:
How would medics know if you had an implant?
Which medical facilities around the world would have implant readers.
How many competing formats are there?
What is to stop anyone accessing or changing your medical records without your knowledge

Ps the implant in your hand directly affects muscle and nerve action causing unfeasably Continental gestures in an otherwise English man.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
No and no.

Archie's story is a bit threadbare. What happened/failed in his treatment that would have been avoided with more medical history?

What's wrong with commonly available tags that carry blood and allergy info?

classic33

Leg End Member
@Lucas.S, Seems your partner, Get A Drip, and Anna Louisa*, CEO of Impli, has bigger ideas for this other than purely medical.
"Beyond medical identity, the implantables can be used for many other functionalities and can replace your keys, authentication, NFC access points and payment functionalities, meaning that you can make payments and open your front door with the touch of your hand!"

At £144 per implant, cost of surgery to be added to this?, it's not cheap. Especially when it's being done in a market or shopping centre.

How secure is the app that comes with it? If I'd be able to change the information held, via this app, who else can access it.
What is in place to stop someone else changing the information?
How are those people, first responders & medical in hospitals, protected if they use this? Currently all access to records is logged, does this app circumvent this?

To date, since the launch on the 14th September this year, how many people have had this done/inserted?

Lack of answers, from you, has lead to me doing a quick search for some.

*On the 7th September 2020
"but also payment applications."

Last edited:
would be great to include STIs. then maybe, at a pub, a cpl contemplating going to the "next level", could perhaps rub wrists & check ea other's STIs. if they both check out clean - off they go. or maybe if they both have the same STI - off they go. etc etc? I don't know, it's been a long time since I was offered the next level by a new acquaintance

How are they updated?
Will it include mental health?
Is child molesting a mental health issue?
Can we get reader that give us that information?
Can we press a button that makes the chip explode in their brain?

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
would be great to include STIs. then maybe, at a pub, a cpl contemplating going to the "next level", could perhaps rub wrists & check ea other's STIs. if they both check out clean - off they go. or maybe if they both have the same STI - off they go. etc etc? I don't know, it's been a long time since I was offered the next level by a new acquaintance
They don't appear to work like that, the app reads the information held via the phone/device it's loaded on.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Who does the implanting? Is it a qualified health professional or will it end up like botox and teeth whitening where any clown can do it?

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
My data has been misused by a number of agencies in the past including the DVLA. There are accounts seemingly daily on data theft. Whilst my data on certain aspects are held on databases elsewhere, I'd rather not add to it. Sorry...

classic33

Leg End Member
Who does the implanting? Is it a qualified health professional or will it end up like botox and teeth whitening where any clown can do it?
"The implant is fitted with a syringe by a Get A Drip medical professional inside the Get A Drip clinic. The Implant is inserted just under the skin in the space between the index finger and thumb on the non-dominant hand."

https://getadrip.co.uk/implants/

Top Bottom