Importing from USA

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

I think I am right when I say everything is assessed for import duty, even if it is marked as a gift...in fact even if it is a gift. The best place to ask would be the customs and excise peeps...I bet they even have a website.

However I jus tbought power amp valves from the states and although they were delayed in customs I was not charged a penny....probably because they had no idea of the value.

bobg

Über Member
Bigtallfatbloke said:
I think I am right when I say everything is assessed for import duty, even if it is marked as a gift...in fact even if it is a gift. The best place to ask would be the customs and excise peeps...I bet they even have a website.

However I jus tbought power amp valves from the states and although they were delayed in customs I was not charged a penny....probably because they had no idea of the value.

With small items imported via post it's pretty much a lottery BTFG, a purely random selection based on the officers decision at the parcel post depot. I'd guess that those marked low value Gift might get a one in 50 selection on a good day. I did it for ages:biggrin:

Top Bottom