Impressive Litelok vs angle grinder test

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Most of it from people who say it makes no difference.

A bit like the masses who don't know the difference between a £99 'halfords' special and a real bike.

Gwylan

Veteran
On bike theft.
I had my ebike nicked from outside a coffee shop in the suburbs of Oxford.

Ignoring the hassle with the insurance the real pain was the bits and pieces that went.
The rack, the pannier bags, the waterproof jacket and tools, pump, inner tube and puncture repair kit.
Budgeted 10% of the bike value for security this time.

rivers

How far can I go?
Why not use a £25 lock and insure your bike on your home contents policy for next to nothing?

I'd rather not have my bikes stolen to be honest. Having had to claim for stolen bikes on my insurance (2 of the young lads in my old neighbourhood pried the back of my shed off to nick 2 of my bikes), it's a ball ache. I was without my main commuter for nearly a month while I waited for everything to be approved, money transferred, the new bike and its accessories to be ready, etc. Plus nearly had to bail on a cycling trip I had planned with my friends because of it.

Gwylan

Veteran
Why not use a £25 lock and insure your bike on your home contents policy for next to nothing?

Read the small print of your policy. Page 48 in mine.
Also need to declare a bike above a specified value. That's in there too!
Needs a gold rated lock, certainly rated. Also needs to be locked to something permanent .
Wonder how I know this.

Top Bottom