Improvement

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I was just wondering if this is a reasonable improvement over the given time frame.

My first week back (the last one in June) I did 74 miles at an avg of 10.94mph, with what I can work out, of an avg elevation gain 767ft, plus I had to stop more often than not every 5-10 miles. This was over three different days riding. Pace of 5.48min per mile

Friday I did 50m in one day for the first time since I can remember, though it was over three different trips, a 5 a 15 and a 30m rides.

This last week after 10 wks my figures were 139.29m avg of 14.78mph elevation gain on avg was 887.4 (yea its pretty flat around here) over 5 days (start of the week only did a couple of short runs) pace of 4.06min per mile overall for the wk,
I did on Tues a 31.6m run in 1:57:35 with an elevation gain of about 800ft. My first ever sub 2hr 30m+ ride.

So like I said I am curious to know if this is a good improvement given I am 48 years old, I have ridden bikes through my life on and off.
Even though I rode to London from Dewsbury 4 years ago (well sort of I seem to remember a lot of pushing, more so on the way back), I smoke (I know about improvements in that area) after the above mentioned ride I was drinking up to 60 units a day (very dark period in my life). Dont touch the stuff at the mo.
As a foot note my avg cadence has increased in the last 4 wks from 80 to 86with an increase of 1mph avg from 13.85 to 14.78, though this might just be general increase in fitness.

Top Bottom