Improving bicycle bags, your opinion?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jess Hie

Hello, my name is Jessica.

I am from Germany and I study product design. As my bachelor-thesis project I chose to design some new bicycle bags.
They are supposed to be mainly for everyday use, commuting, shopping.
I thought maybe you have some ideas what to improve about bicycle bags?

I would really appreciate if you could tell me your opinion. Which are the best ones, what would you like to change about the ones you have and so on.
I also made a survey to get an overview of some general questions (15 questions, mostly multiple choice) If you would participate in that, that would be great!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dG40QVlYaHB4Y0tKcldVNUJzVGxGN3c6MQ

Thanks a lot!

snorri

Legendary Member
Well, that was a little different, my first bilingual survey on CC.:smile:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Having just had my pannier - with 3 lights, pump, multitool, waterproofs, winter gloves, puncture repair stuff - stolen, I went for the lockable pannier option! I had to cycle home on the pavement through SE London. Grrr!

Crankarm

Guru
Some else trying to re-invent the wheel. Had they done some market research then they would realise this was a pointless project as there are quite a few very good cycle panniers on the market already - two German makes spring to mind.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Well maybe that is what they will discover that good ones exist. Though I do find them hard to carry when I have filled them to the brim with shopping. I'm always surprised just how much I can get in, though I do wish I would stop pushing it to the limit nearly every time!

trampyjoe

Sorry i don't understand this bit
If you cycle on the pavements in South East London you get bits nicked off your bike as you go .. it's a charming place, I once had someone try to steal my hair.

Some or all of the above may be slightly untrue

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Some else trying to re-invent the wheel. Had they done some market research then they would realise this was a pointless project as there are quite a few very good cycle panniers on the market already - two German makes spring to mind.
Odd that Ortlieb don't agree with you crankers, or they would have stopped their product development at the classic range surely?

Top Bottom