In a bit of a fix

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

figbat

Slippery scientist
In my experience there are two ways to do internal cabling. One runs the entire outer and inner as a continuous run from the actuator to the mechanism. In this case there is no need for stops at the frame, just a grommet to keep the cable from rattling. The other way stops the outer at the frame entry point, runs just the inner through the frame, under tension, then exits back into a new piece of outer. This method needs an outer stop at the frame entry and exit points - a missing stop would mean no cable tension to actuate the mechanism.

OP
OP
P

Pinhead03

Thanks for your reply. On the pic I posted, there is a gap around the cable where it exits the frame , and after further research the cable should of had a fitting on that sits in the hole to keep the cable tight. Basically the so called mechanic had fitted a bog standard cable , instead of an internally routed one . Sorted now, lesson well and truly learned. Cheers.

DRM

Guru
Wilco are purveyors of BSO’s, and myself & family have had bad experiences with the simple task of fitting a car exhaust, bike mechanics they ain’t, come to think of it they shouldn’t be let near cars either, they make Halfords look like a formula one pit crew

Top Bottom