In and out of Pillsworth Park 66

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Howdo,

Does anyone commute in and out of Pillsworth, specifically Park 66 area, I'm wondering what the access is like coming in and out from Bury, looking at a map you go through Gigg and onto the Roach Valley Greenway.

Fairly quiet or covered in litter?
Avoid at night?

Thanks

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Only one way to find out, go and try it out and make your own opinion. One person's nice commute route could be someone else's idea of hell. You need to experience it for yourself, only you can really decide.
I hope it turns out to be great, cycle commuting is a life changer :okay:

Tom B

Guru
I use the Roch Valley Greenway (and the Bury - Bolton Canal, Banana Walk and Kirklees Trail) at night well into the early hours I've not seen anything too horrific but I'm not the easily perturbed. Setting off from Asda heading towards Bury I'd take the route via Roch Bank Road.

The hill down from Roch Bank Road can be slippery.

You can also take the route via the bit of the Roch Valley Greenway at White Brow (opposite Hollins Lane) for a bit more of civilisation.

Croft Lane and Pilsworth Road at rush hour are far worse.

OP
OP
Black Sheep
@I like Skol Indeed, trying it and finding out is the final say in if I'm happy using it or not, but knowing that the route is full of fly-tipped caravans before hand is handy info :smile: I used to cycle commute about 10 years ago now, quite excited to possibly be getting back to it.

@Tom B Thanks, handy to know.

Tom B

Guru
Discovered last night that the bridge over the River is still closed. Can still get over but of course at your own risk.

OP
OP
Black Sheep
Thanks for that info Tom, is that the only way to cut through from Gigg to Pillsworth?

How long has it been closed?

Top Bottom