In other news tonight... Solar eclipse to disrupt power supplies!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I flicked through the Daily Wail in the chippy last night and noticed this headline...

Solar Eclipse To Disrupt Power Supplies

...and thought, what a load of guff!

to avoid linking to the DM, here's the telegraph article.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/earth/11433786/Solar-eclipse-to-disrupt-power-supplies.html

If Europe is so reliant on solar power that a few minutes of slight darkness could 'disrupt power supplies'... what happens between sundown and sun up every day? What happens when it's cloudy? How does the system cope? And I don't recall any disruption to power in 1999, but i wasn't really paying attention to anything but the sun in those few minutes... so i could have missed a light flickering. And only six sentences after the Solar Eclipse to Disrupt Power Supplies headline is this... "It is unlikely to cause problems as so little electricity comes from solar power im the UK but other parts of Europe come be plunged into darkness."

:eek:

the_mikey

Legendary Member
Maybe the Daily Mail is on another planet, it can be this one..

OP
OP
MontyVeda

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
i don't know what i like best... the complete toshness of the whole article or the unnoticed spelling errors.... "so little electricity comes from solar power im the UK but other parts of Europe come be plunged into darkness"

Last edited:

tyred

Legendary Member
i don't what i like best... the complete toshness of the whole article or the unnoticed spelling errors.... "so little electricity comes from solar power im the UK but other parts of Europe come be plunged into darkness"

Say hello to the great God the spell checker!

Top Bottom