In praise of Ay-Up customer service

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
The wire connection on my Ay-Up battery pack came apart in July, meaning that it had to be returned to Australia for inspection / replacement under warranty. At the same time, I ordered a new battery so that I'd get that whilst the old one was on its way there.

The new battery arrived within a week, but after waiting until last week with still no word on the warranty one, I contacted Ay-Up. They'd apparently sent a replacement out to me on the 18th, and told me to wait until the end of the week before last. I actually gave it until last Wed and dropped them a line. They immediately sent me a replacement by TNT Express delivery, which I now have.

No hassles, no jumping through hoops - just excellent, immediate service and responses to my emails from Ay-Up. I can't praise them enough.

Now let's see how easy the warranty replacement service is for the new wheel I got from CRC on Friday which has a mis-drilled valve hole that's been done off-centre. Their warranty instructions are quite scary, and a little threatening - whereas Ay-Up just asked you to fill out a simple form.

lazyfatgit

How do you find the lights Goo? I'm going to Oz later in the year, worth looking out for a set?

OP
OP
goo_mason

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
lazyfatgit said:
How do you find the lights Goo? I'm going to Oz later in the year, worth looking out for a set?

They're excellent. Got them last August and have been using them ever since, day in and day out. Bright enough in the depths of winter to see and be seen by (in fact, I've been told on a couple of occasions by drivers and pedestrians that they're too bright), and they can also be used as an extra aid to visibility in daylight.

Quick to charge, dinkily small, with a 6hr battery that sees me through a week of use on one charge, they're ideal.

I've been lost without them during the last few weeks when it's been very dull out, especially at 6am. My little flashing Cateye just doesn't get seen too well.

Top Bottom