In praise of Halfords

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

geopat

Über Member
Picked up my Voodoo Hoodoo from Halfords in Edinburgh today and I have to say the service I received was as good or better than buying experiences elsewhere.

The guys couldn't do enough for me with lots of great advice for a mountain bike rookie as well as letting me know of Boardman tubes for my tyres at £1 each.

I know Halfords have a poor reputation - probably more from the car service business - but thought I'd post my experience.

Lonestar

Veteran
Good to read something positive about Halfords for once.I'd rather go to a more dedicated bike shop though.

Jimidh

Veteran
Picked up my Voodoo Hoodoo from Halfords in Edinburgh today and I have to say the service I received was as good or better than buying experiences elsewhere.

The guys couldn't do enough for me with lots of great advice for a mountain bike rookie as well as letting me know of Boardman tubes for my tyres at £1 each.

I know Halfords have a poor reputation - probably more from the car service business - but thought I'd post my experience.

Did you get it at Straiton? The guys in there are good.

broady

Veteran
My local halfords has been fine.
They have allowed me to use tools free of charge
Repair a puncture when my tools were in my other pannier at home. Free air was all the lbs offered and £18 for them to fix a puncture.
Offered free use of the star nut installation tool too.
I'm happy to keep taking my business back there

Although if it is a job I can't do then I take it to John at Bob Warner's

J1888

Über Member
Been into a couple of Cycle Republic stores - staff have been knowledgeable and helpful - would recommend

Keith Oates

Janner
I've also had good experiences when I visit my nearest Halfords and will willing go there again when I need some bike related items.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mrbikerboy73

Über Member
I got a Camelbak Rogue for £20 at Halfords. I doubt anyone can beat that...

Top Bottom