In praise of....hardware shops!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrahamG

Guru
I've got three (two of them excellent, one good) within about 2 miles. Superb.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
There is a good one in Barnet run by an old hippy named Julian. he sells everything, and if he hasn't got it, it will be got in for you in a couple of days. He has so much stock that when he opens the shop, it takes him 30 minutes before you can actually get in.

Lutterworth hardware shop is a great example. There isn't anything he's not got. Our nearest village post office is also a stunning emporium of household stuff, it's literally stacked from floor to ceiling with all manner of things, and the ancient shopkeeper knows exactly where everything is.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I have a couple of hardware shops near me... that can be quite good ... or even easier... my friend runs one so I can ask him if they have the item and get home delivery:biggrin:

Night Train

Maker of Things
Delftse Post said:
Have you seen the one on Balls Pond Road where the stock is piled up so high against the windows you can barely see in? It's a wonder the place doesn't explode out onto the street. Quite remarkable.
That is around the corner from where my dad used to have his hardware and electrical shop. We used to supply the shop on Balls Pond Road.
My Dad sold everything from individual screws to 3ph electric motors, cut lengths of copper pipe to built in cooker hobs. He even had a display of old coins, Chinese jewellery and collectable Tonka trucks for sale.
He even did the 'changing a lightbulb in the old woman's lamp' bit as well as part exchange and servicing of builders powertools.

Top Bottom