In praise of Rapha shorts/Rapha shop assistants.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Colnago Master

I bought a pair of Rapha shorts whilst on holiday in Amsterdam because of the exchange rate.
Until last summer I wore Assos shorts and having paid a pretty penny didn't think they were too brilliant.
In the Rapha shop I was advised to buy the pro shorts (more expensive but use compression Lycra) because they have more padding at the front for riders who are more aero. The cheaper shorts are for people who ride more upright.
I've been using my commuting shorts recently because Assos couldn't repair mine. I know lots of people will say there's were repaired, but there you go.
My experience so far Of Rapha is definitely money well spent.
I bought my Assos shorts from Sigma sports. If they were as knowledgeable as Rapha they may have recommended different shorts.If they had I might have rated my Assos shorts, but it is I don't
None of this is gospel obviously, just my experience.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I bought a pair of Rapha shorts whilst on holiday in Amsterdam because of the exchange rate.
Until last summer I wore Assos shorts and having paid a pretty penny didn't think they were too brilliant.
In the Rapha shop I was advised to buy the pro shorts (more expensive but use compression Lycra) because they have more padding at the front for riders who are more aero. The cheaper shorts are for people who ride more upright.
I've been using my commuting shorts recently because Assos couldn't repair mine. I know lots of people will say there's were repaired, but there you go.
My experience so far Of Rapha is definitely money well spent.
I bought my Assos shorts from Sigma sports. If they were as knowledgeable as Rapha they may have recommended different shorts.If they had I might have rated my Assos shorts, but it is I don't
None of this is gospel obviously, just my experience.

What's the science behind this then?

Top Bottom