In Praise Of.... the ‘Dimpa’ bag....

Discussion in 'Folding Bikes' started by Fab Foodie, 27 Feb 2018.

1. Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

I’d heard that the Ikea Dimpa bag and the Brompton were a match made in heaven... and they are!

I bought a couple the other week to take our B’s on the Cambridge busses the other week. And they’re fab! One of the best Brompton accessories around and cheap as chips.
    The handles are long enough to sling the bag onto your shoulder for ease of portage.
    Work neatest if you have the folding pedal, however if you have SPDs or similar it works just fine but tve zip needs to fasten around the seatpost rather than over the seat itself-no biggie. With a loaded T-bag one side and the Brom the other balance is good and arms are free.
    Also helps manhandling in and out of the car (and our motorhome storage locker).

75CBA13A-45EB-4597-924F-3D5E40D805DF.jpeg

I commend them to the house :-)

2. Very nice. I have the standard Brompton cover that I always carry in case of a jobsworth on the train who might insist on my bike being covered up, but this looks way better. Completely covered and with nice carrying handles. Thanks for sharing!

3. cosmicbike

cosmicbike Perhaps This One..... Moderator

Nice, one for the next trip to Ikea. Oh the joy:rolleyes:

Cycleops likes this.
  4. OP
    OP
    Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

Top tip... they are usually available at the checkouts! Saves javing to schlepp through the whole MDF wonderland, DAHIKT!!!

cosmicbike likes this.
  5. cosmicbike

cosmicbike Perhaps This One..... Moderator

Unless I go on my own, I have no choice but to wander the maze. It's a bit like going to CostCo, and always costs £100 even though I only went in for a £3 bag:laugh:

Stephenite and Fab Foodie like this.
  6. Mort

Mort Interstellar Overalls

I can spend that much on meatballs alone! :ohmy:

7. Salar

Salar Über Member

I use a Jumbo laundry bag £3.50 delivered from fleabay and you can't see what's inside.

But best of all I don't have to go to Ikea :smile:

bag.jpg

Last edited: 28 Feb 2018
    Gravity Aided, Fab Foodie and Mort like this.
  8. Kell

Kell Senior Member

Has anyone used one of these for an extended period of time?

Just wondering how well the handles last.

9. Mort

Mort Interstellar Overalls

Who cares. they're pretty cheap.

Salar likes this.
  10. Kell

Kell Senior Member

It's not the cost, it's more the going to pick it up and having it rip off in your hand.

11. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Legendary Member

Do you also wear a clear plastic head scarf that ties under your chin when it's raining?

12. Pale Rider

Pale Rider Guru

The Queen uses a clear plastic umbrella although I doubt she's done much in the way of laundry since the war.

13. robrinay

robrinay Active Member

If you have access to an old singer sewing machine they’ll punch through most fabrics and take tough thread with a ’Jeans’ needle - you can make yourself a bag from old hessian sacks waterproof fabric etc etc. to your own design. I made my son a carry bag for the Dahon Jack I gave him when I replaced it with a Brompton.

Banjo likes this.
  14. Nibor

Nibor Über Member

Do these fit with the extended seat post?

15. The Crofted Crest

The Crofted Crest Well-Known Member

I was had a brief fling with someone called Dympna and every time I see this thread it brings a lump to my heart.

robrinay and Mort like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice