In Praise Of.... the ‘Dimpa’ bag....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I’d heard that the Ikea Dimpa bag and the Brompton were a match made in heaven... and they are!

I bought a couple the other week to take our B’s on the Cambridge busses the other week. And they’re fab! One of the best Brompton accessories around and cheap as chips.
The handles are long enough to sling the bag onto your shoulder for ease of portage.
Work neatest if you have the folding pedal, however if you have SPDs or similar it works just fine but tve zip needs to fasten around the seatpost rather than over the seat itself-no biggie. With a loaded T-bag one side and the Brom the other balance is good and arms are free.
Also helps manhandling in and out of the car (and our motorhome storage locker).

75CBA13A-45EB-4597-924F-3D5E40D805DF.jpeg

I commend them to the house :-)

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite
Very nice. I have the standard Brompton cover that I always carry in case of a jobsworth on the train who might insist on my bike being covered up, but this looks way better. Completely covered and with nice carrying handles. Thanks for sharing!

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
The Queen uses a clear plastic umbrella although I doubt she's done much in the way of laundry since the war.

robrinay

If you have access to an old singer sewing machine they’ll punch through most fabrics and take tough thread with a ’Jeans’ needle - you can make yourself a bag from old hessian sacks waterproof fabric etc etc. to your own design. I made my son a carry bag for the Dahon Jack I gave him when I replaced it with a Brompton.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Next time Im forced to go to IKEA I will buy one. When Jannie asks what I am going to use it for: I will just say "Oh Im sure I will find something to go in it".

Top Bottom