in praise of.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
so, a chap's going round a roundabout on the A10 and his car conks out. He's stuck. Kids in the back. This being suburbia nobody stops to help. Nobody. Ten long minutes pass, and he's still there....

Then an Audi pulls up over the road, and a man, tall-ish, young-ish gets out and come across. He asks if the chap needs help. So far so ordinary. Except - the good samaritan is none other than

David Beckham.

david-beckham-mens-health-2.jpg

...who then pushes the chap's Nissan Primera to safety.

Good grief! Greatest footballer of his generation, scorer of the most vital England goal in the last umpteen years, fashion god, gay icon, and HELPER OF STRANDED MOTORISTS!!!!! Never mind the OBE, Benny should put him on the fast track to sainthood now!

So....CCers, here's the question. You've sustained a puncture. It's pouring with rain. A car, bicycle, whatever, stops to offer assistance. Who would you most want to be in that car, or riding that bicycle?

GaryA

Subversive Sage

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
If (for example) I happened to get a puncture whilst out on my bike, at the exact same spot where Davina McCall had just had a slow-speed bump in her car, setting off the airbags, and needed some assistance, then...

Davina can hold my pump while I wrestle with her airbags.
smile.gif

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
As much as I do not like anything that 'icon' stands for, or have any interest in his sporting past or future, I whole-heartedly applaud his actions here - well done sir, can I shake your hand?

Now, the real point.

In a TEN MINUTE time span, just how many FECKLESS SELFISH TWUNTS would have walked, driven, nay RIDDEN past? (yes CYCLISTS).

Welcome to the United Kingdom of ME.

So....CCers, here's the question. You've sustained a puncture. It's pouring with rain. A car, bicycle, whatever, stops to offer assistance. Who would you most want to be in that car, or riding that bicycle?
Errrr....... Dellzeqq? Now there's an interesting poser. Would someone like to visualise and continue the story? :biggrin:

Arch

Married to Night Train

Well assuming you mean a celeb, and not one's own special friend...

David Tennant, of course, or Richard Hammond (who might be more practically minded).. David Mitchell would be fun, but doesn't strike me as the sort of guy who could usefully get his thumbs round my marathons, although I'm sure he could come up with a hilarious rant on the subject. (apologies to David Mitchell if I'm maligning his technical prowess)

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Well assuming you mean a celeb, and not one's own special friend...

David Tennant, of course, or Richard Hammond (who might be more practically minded).. David Mitchell would be fun, but doesn't strike me as the sort of guy who could usefully get his thumbs round my marathons, although I'm sure he could come up with a hilarious rant on the subject. (apologies to David Mitchell if I'm maligning his technical prowess)

[chuckle]

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
If I have a puncture in bad weather, I'm not bothered who it is offering help as long as they are either holding a large umbrella or (preferably) a spare wheel for me.

Now, the real point.

In a TEN MINUTE time span, just how many FECKLESS SELFISH TWUNTS would have walked, driven, nay RIDDEN past? (yes CYLISTS).

You think that was bad - how about this! :angry:

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
As much as I do not like anything that 'icon' stands for, or have any interest in his sporting past or future, I whole-heartedly applaud his actions here - well done sir, can I shake your hand?

Now, the real point.

In a TEN MINUTE time span, just how many FECKLESS SELFISH TWUNTS would have walked, driven, nay RIDDEN past? (yes CYCLISTS).

if it's the roundabout I'm thinking of - very, very few

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
If (for example) I happened to get a puncture whilst out on my bike, at the exact same spot where Davina McCall had just had a slow-speed bump in her car, setting off the airbags, and needed some assistance, then...

Davina can hold my pump while I wrestle with her airbags.
smile.gif
I have been offered a lift by Ms. McCalll. My parents in law lived on top of a hill, just a little walk away from her place, and I was walking up from the bottom of the hill with the Kid (who was quite small at the time). I don't know if this helps, but she is much prettier in 'real life' than she is on the box.

Bman

Guru
Kelly Brook, on a tandem with a spare seat. I will happily let her pilot :smile:

As for DB, fair play. Thats given him more respect in my eyes, than any of his football has.

And in the defence of other motorists, DB probably doesnt have a job to get to and if he does, he can afford to be a little late. Everyone else is in, get-to-work mode. But still not really an excuse.

Top Bottom