In response to Verity ....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I'm not saying that she shouldn't.. I just don't get the allegory (if there's any.. although there are plenty of evidence that there is: scales, sward, nudity etc)
Me neither, I just assumed that it's a perfectly normal womanly state rarely seen in statues so Hirst went for extra curiosity value .... though I'm sure there's a much deeper meaning somewhere that I'm missing.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
I've just noticed that Verity doesn't just have a flayed thigh, from the right profile her entire upper torso (perhaps half is better)is flayed, revealing the unborn child, sinews, Skull, muscle and veins etc. All quite interesting but all still baffling to me, that doesn't mean its wrong, it just means I don't understand it.

There is a motif here though...perhaps...its a little like Hirst's mum and lamb divided (was that what it was called) and the half shark...looks like he has developed a signature of halves.

Its creating an audience though and a great deal of discussion (here included) so I guess it serves it purpose to Ilfracombe...and to Hirst.

Maz

Guru
I give it 1 week max before Verity mysteriously disappears overnight in the back of one of these...
scrapmetal2.jpg

Top Bottom