in stock or not in stock ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Binka

Über Member
What a surprise Tredz have emailed me this morning to say they can't get the item. I don't know why they do this because it just puts me off ordering with them in the future. If 2 companies have the same item I'm going to go for the one which doesn't have the reputation for bad stock control/cancelling orders.

vickster

Legendary Member
What a surprise Tredz have emailed me this morning to say they can't get the item. I don't know why they do this because it just puts me off ordering with them in the future. If 2 companies have the same item I'm going to go for the one which doesn't have the reputation for bad stock control/cancelling orders.
Tredz have long held that reputation. Best avoided on principle!

DSK

I've had similar experience to you and am only buying from places where you can call them, they can actually check their shelf to confirm availability. Also its been nice speaking to some of them and ended up having a nice natter with all bits arriving next day when I expected 3 days or so for free delivery.

So I checked the workshop and no shimano mineral oil on the shelf...Mountain bikes need brakes fettling so decided to check my local bike shop for availability..YES !! In stock but minimum order for delivery / click and collect is £30...so I emailed them ''''Yes its in stock locally '' GREAT....Ride to local shop in pissing rain to be told its not in stock .So decide to order 2 x 100 ml bottles from a large online supplier.....shows as ''in stock and available '' so order placed...Next day later email received '' refund for 1 x 100ml bottle as no longer available '' So as phones lines not being used due to covid-19 ( their explanation ) used the chat service......Was advised that ''website does not reflect true stock levels'' ......A further day later...another refund for the other bottle yet the stuff is still showing available on both of their online portals....So tried another two companies......same occurrence...order placed, paid then day after - refund.....So tried another company which has the option to ''click and collect'' ..showing in stock available for local collection....paid up and waited...next day...'sorry item not in stock''.....Now getting annoyed........Is it so hard to update a website with stock levels and secondly is there an embargo on Shimano mineral oil for brakes ?
Change back to rim brakes!

Top Bottom