In which I Give Thanks...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

neslon

John the Monkey said:
I'm with you on learning more about doing this stuff myself Tim - are there any resources you'd recommend particularly for someone new to bike maintenance?

For Fathers day, my kids bought me a days intensive cycle maintenance course at Edinburgh Bikes - it was excellent & has given me the confidence to thoroughly fiddle with the bike. If you live near one of the stores, I would recommend it.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
I've also got an MTB and found "Zinn and the art of mountain bike maintenance" a usefull reference source, much better than the haynes manual.

I know theres more than just the MTB version

OP
OP
John the Monkey

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
neslon said:
For Fathers day, my kids bought me a days intensive cycle maintenance course at Edinburgh Bikes - it was excellent & has given me the confidence to thoroughly fiddle with the bike. If you live near one of the stores, I would recommend it.

Yep - I read your thread about this, I think. I have been dropping some hints to both my offspring and SWMBO :biggrin: I'd probably need to ask what they cover, (I do occasionally get the "Blimey, I've not seen one of these in ages, I *think* we had a spanner that fitted those..." when I take my bike in to the LBS :biggrin:

I think one of these courses, coupled with a book like the one below might be my best bet.

gambatte said:
I've also got an MTB and found "Zinn and the art of mountain bike maintenance" ...I know theres more than just the MTB version

There is a road bike one, but Amazon show it as being out of print - I may have a look on Abebooks or similar and see if I can find one used.

Thanks everyone else for the tips and advice too.

Top Bottom