Incey Wincey Lives Hurrah

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mondobongo

Über Member
Sat typing away 5 minutes ago when felt something crawling on my forehead reached up to swat it and actually caught hold of it. When I looked it was a poor little spider. Put him on desk getting him the right way up he struggled about a bit a little bit squashed thought he was brown bread. Just been in liviing room for a few minutes came back and he has wandered off.

Good luck to him don't like hurting spiders and refuse to kill them at work despite screams from female staff, they are good luck after all.

longers

Legendary Member
If you wish to live and thrive,
Let the spider run alive.​

domtyler

Über Member
Elmer Fudd said:
Yes it does, you end up being plagued by flies !

No it doesn't. I agree that you end up being plagued with flies but this is nothing whatever to do with luck.

gbb

Legendary Member
But then i remember...
On several occasions i've unwittingly ended the lives of insects :sad:
At work on two occasions...seen a trapped moth fluttering like a fluttering lost thing :wacko:.
Spent a couple of minutes chasing and catching the little hapless creatures....tossed them out of an open window to freedom....watched them flutter down to the path below...to be greedily snapped up by a sparrow :sad::blush:;)

Exactly the same happened at home with a spider :biggrin::blush::sad:

Think i'd have lerned the first time, wouldntcha :biggrin:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
My dog just ate a spider....
spider.gif

Supposedly:

There are about 36 trillion spiders in the UK, that's about 600,000 spiders for every person in the country and about 150 spiders for every square metre of land.

The largest spider in the UK is the Fen Raft Spider which at about 5- 6 inches puts the above into it's place, living on fish admittedly small ones like sticklebacks, but still quite impressive.

I helped a friend clear their garden in the summer using a works long wheelbase Transit filled to a height of five feet. I left it for a couple of days and then climbed into it to drive it to the tip. The cab was festooned with the webs of hundreds and hundreds of the little beggars, festooned I tell you! They had climbed through the poorly fitting bulkhead and set up home. I dont mind spiders so long as Im nowhere near them.

Pete

mondobongo said:
He is a beauty Pete.
Not my picture alas, just a Google search... but this* one is indeed one of mine, snapped in the garage one evening, I've used this piccy before to scare people to impress people on internet forums...

*same health warning applies. :sad:

buggi

Bird Saviour
Pete said:
Not my picture alas, just a Google search... but this* one is indeed one of mine, snapped in the garage one evening, I've used this piccy before to scare people to impress people on internet forums...

*same health warning applies. :sad:
i got bit by one of those once. he got trapped in my jumper when taking down a shed. gave me a right shock i tell you! but i did the decent thing when i realised what it was and let him go.

lurrvvee spidey's..... especially fit toned ones in red suits ha ha.

Top Bottom