Incompetence and poor preparation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cyclopathic

Veteran
One of the joys of cycling is that feeling of being self-sufficient. Mountain bikers are better at it because they are sometimes far from help and can easily damage their bikes. Mountaineers used to be self-sufficient but nowadays they just use their phones and call out a helicopter. On the road bike I carry two tubes, tyre levers, a pump and a multi-tool and I hope good preventative maintenance will head off any other problems.

Having been an enthusiastic hitch-hiker in my student years, if anything disabled my bike I wouldn't hesitate to shoulder it and stick out a thumb when a van or farmer's Land Rover came past. I've picked up a stranded roadie in the car and I'm confident good karma would get me a lift.

In a kar. Ha ha.

This is a great idea. I'll call out a helicopter the next time I get a puncture.:thumbsup:

OP
OP
Easytigers

Easytigers

Guru
Ooooooh! great idea...what's the number???

boybiker

Guru
I had a friend, who I couldn't convince to learn to change a tube: she assumed there would always be a man to do it for her. I could convince her to carry a spare tube, just in case her knight was on a MTB.

How many females does it take to change a light bulb?
One. She holds up the bulb and waits for the world to revolve around her. :whistle:

Top Bottom