Incontinence pad bins in Gents' Loos

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
That has to be a first, even hospitals don't have that

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Probably to stop inadequate sewers from being blocked up.
We had a situation several years back where next doors manhole was flooding into the garden (I should explain where we live is an 'ex council house' and there is only drain access every other house in a run that goes through the gardens) Well the neighbours either sides set to and after a couple of hours claimed they'd found the 'blockage' announcing proudly "It's a sanitary towel" now both these blokes were in their 80's and have lived in the houses ever since they'd been built. I'm not sure what their wives had used way back when but this thing was gigantic so I said "I don't know what your experience is but that's either a Nappy or an incontinence pad, do you really think Women these days use something like that"

lazybloke

Considering a new username
A first for me, cubicles in the gents' loo on the M4 had Prostate Cancer UK sponsored bins for disposal of Incontinence pads.

For those with prostate issues or are early post-op prostatectomy, this is a very welcome initiative.
Seen them at some of swankier motorway services, and also some restaurants.

Can't imagine smaller places providing such facilities. I visited Podimore "services" on the A303 last week - ie one of those absolutely revolting petrol station loos that hasn't seen any maintenance or a mop for weeks if not months.

I suppose these places have to deal with folk like my f-in-law. He isn't suposed to have any booze with his medications, but gets through several bottles of spirits a week. Then when he goes to the loo - which might be in his flat, our house, or a pub/restaurant, he turns into a sort of "human fountain of p*ss" that would rival anything at the Las Vegas Hotel Bellagio.

He's not good at maneuvering (sp?) his walking frame in the tight space of a loo either, so last time my wife took him for a pub lunch she had to rescue him from the loo because he was stuck. He'd flooded the floor, then executed a 20 point turn through the p*ss with his walking frame, spreading it over most of the floor, and his trousers were round his ankles.

Podimore toilets look like he's a regular visitor.

Drago

Legendary Member
Have any of you ever read Ozzy Osbiurne's autobiography? One of the funniest books I've ever read. The chapter where he is house hunting and gets caught short round Roger Whittaker's gaff is hilarious.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Probably to stop inadequate sewers from being blocked up.
We had a situation several years back where next doors manhole was flooding into the garden (I should explain where we live is an 'ex council house' and there is only drain access every other house in a run that goes through the gardens) Well the neighbours either sides set to and after a couple of hours claimed they'd found the 'blockage' announcing proudly "It's a sanitary towel" now both these blokes were in their 80's and have lived in the houses ever since they'd been built. I'm not sure what their wives had used way back when but this thing was gigantic so I said "I don't know what your experience is but that's either a Nappy or an incontinence pad, do you really think Women these days use something like that"

Back in the 1970's, I went for a college visit to the Building Research Establishment outside Watford. One of the labs was set up to test hospital plumbing systems, complete with an automated maternity pad flushing device. Those pads were notorious for bunging up the waste pipes.

Jameshow

Veteran
Back in the 1970's, I went for a college visit to the Building Research Establishment outside Watford. One of the labs was set up to test hospital plumbing systems, complete with an automated maternity pad flushing device. Those pads were notorious for bunging up the waste pipes.

Apt user name slow motion... Did they test them!🤣🤣🤣

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
My Dad is always complaining about the dribble at the end of a pee, so we suggested that he sat down when peeing. I half expected a stupid tirade of 'I'm not a woman' type of thing*, but, he simply said

"Oh, I hadn't thought of that"

In a rather thoughtful way.

Unfortunately I have not been at his house in ages, so I am not sure if it has worked, or if his toilet is swimming in pish as always 🤮

* - This is the guy who once told me not to cross my arms. Apparently it's not a 'manly' thing, because and I quote

"That's what woman do to hold their t*ts up"

Yeah, thanks Dad!

Last edited:
Top Bottom