Incredible!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Matthames

Über Member
HLaB said:
;) there's nothing worse than being stuck behind a rubbish truck.

Actually there is, getting stuck behind a tanker carrying raw sewage xx(xx(;) Having one overtake me was bad enough, I nearly emptied the contents of my stomach at the side of the road. :biggrin:

dondare

Über Member
ManiaMuse said:
Drafting double decker buses is fun and keeps you warm in winter. Yes it's reckless and your own fault if you have an accident but worth it for the feeling of maintaining 25-30mph effortlessly.

Behind a bus there's nothing to breathe but stink.

Will1985

Über Member
It's just over 80mph on the flat non-drafting by an HPV - Sam Whittingham I think.

Fastest with drafting is something crazy - there are youtube videos of Theo Bos doing 85mph behind a team car, and Dave Le Grys doing 110mph on the M3 when it opened but I'm sure someone has been above 120mph.

152mph on the flat behind a special drafting vehicle. Although I believe he did require a tow up to a certain speed because the gear is so ridiculously big.

Apologies for the music.

Vincealot

I love a bit of drafting, although I have been nearly caught out once or twice.

Once I was drafting very close behind a van. Unfortunatly a pot hole appeared and I had no time to swerve. There was an almighty crack but my bike seems to be in one piece. The back wheel is now ever so slightly buckled though.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
ManiaMuse said:
Drafting double decker buses is fun and keeps you warm in winter. Yes it's reckless and your own fault if you have an accident but worth it for the feeling of maintaining 25-30mph effortlessly.
+ 1 :laugh: ....But not for a while after the ride to Cornwall hurt a bit on the knee front :sad:

Crankarm

Guru
Vincealot said:
I love a bit of drafting, although I have been nearly caught out once or twice.

Once I was drafting very close behind a van. Unfortunatly a pot hole appeared and I had no time to swerve. There was an almighty crack but my bike seems to be in one piece. The back wheel is now ever so slightly buckled though.

There is that as well. You are buggered if this happens. I guess it helps to do it on a road you know.

Crankarm

Guru
ManiaMuse said:

Drafting buses is dangerous as they stop regularly and often suddenly as passengers press the bell at the last second and the driver slams his/her foot on the brake pedal. Plus they are the filthy dirty polluting beasts of the roads. Yuk :laugh:!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
4F said:
Never draft a tractor with a trailer of potatoes :becool:

Never draft a tractor with a trailer of manure :wacko:

Me and a club mate followed a tractor doing 25 mph for some miles...... bit pongy, but had a good draft. :becool:

Wasn't until I got home - realised that I smelt of manure :blush: :angry::blush:

Top Bottom