Indiana Jones

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Renard

Anyone seen the new movie yet? Thought it was rather good fun!

Don't post if you are going to give me an intellectual critique ;)

redfox

Took the family and we all enjoyed it. It is exactly what you would expect it to be.

mr Mag00

rising member
went with my GF and wanted to boo at the end, thought it was terrible another lucas cock up, did it with episode1-3 Star wars and has done it with IJ too. it improved toward the end with the classic mechanised traps in the temple and the escape but too much cheese at the beginning

girofan

Renard said:
Don't post if you are going to give me an intellectual critique ;)

I though it a post modernist statement on the power of American capitalism over the artistic merit of late 20th, early 21st century European cinematic culture. :smile::biggrin::biggrin:

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
girofan said:
I though it a post modernist statement on the power of American capitalism over the artistic merit of late 20th, early 21st century European cinematic culture. :tongue::biggrin::biggrin:

Now strange you should mention it but have you considered the recent influences in this area from the Eurovision experiences over the last decade or so? :biggrin: :biggrin:

Mr Pig

Well I've just been to see it with my two youngest. What can I say. If you can possibly avoid watching this film, do so. Don't rent it on DVD, don't even watch it when it makes it onto the TV. Read the Argos catalogue instead!

And I'd have to blame Spielberg. He makes perfectly good actors look two-dimensional and uninteresting while telling a story so idiotic it makes The Teletubbies look like Shakespeare!

The only new ideas in this film are bad ones and everything else you've seen before, only better. None of the characters are believable or developed and Ford 'does' look far too old. After five-minutes of the film my little girl said "Why is Indiana Jones so old?". They should've left it.

Cinema was packed though so who's the idiot!

Plax

Guru
RichK said:
My son is IJ mad - unfortunately, he's only 6 so the new film may be a bit too scary for him... oh well. Did I see it's classified as a 12?

Well I went to see it today, and it made me jump in a few places and I'm nearly 30 ;).

It was a bit far fetched in an enjoyable sort of way.

Trillian

Mr Pig said:
And I'd have to blame Spielberg. He makes perfectly good actors look two-dimensional and uninteresting while telling a story so idiotic it makes The Teletubbies look like Shakespeare!

you didn't spot that it was directed by george lucas then?

bof

Senior member. Oi! Less of the senior please
Went with my family. Because we were amongst the last in we had to sit at the front of what's quite a big cinema. For that reason it was great fun even if it is twaddle - the effects look great and just what the 12-year old in me really enjoys. I reckon if I saw it on a small screen it would leave me cold.

I thought the Russian Communists complaining was quite funny. I hope the next Spielberg film is about the Gulags and the millions murdered under Stalin - would they complain about that?

Mr Pig

Trillian said:
you didn't spot that it was directed by george lucas then?

Hang on, you're the muppet! No it wasn't, it WAS directed by:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0367882/

Not an idiot pig :0) Well, not this time that is.

Nice revue:

"I really can't believe how bad this film was. "Raiders of The Lost Ark" and "Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade" are both great and highly entertaining films. "...Temple of Doom", unfortunately, was an exercise in excess; most everything was over the top or just plain corny. At times, "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" falls into some of those same traps but what's worse, that is the least of it's problems. The script is an aimless mess that is made worse by the terrible dialogue. It would be easy to blame Lucas for all the film's shortcomings but the direction is just as bad. Many scenes are incredibly contrived and feel like a bad made for TV movie. Spielberg's direction of Karen Allen as Marion is particularly bad as she smiles and acts over the top completely oblivious to what is going on around her. The film takes place in 1957 and to make sure that everyone is aware of this, they cram every '50s stereotype into the first third of the film. I think the fact that there was a caption saying Nevada 1957 got that notion across. Despite the presence of Harrison Ford and the occasional strains of the Indy theme fanfare, it seldom feels like an Indiana Jones film. It was tedious, predictable, badly written, and poorly directed. Even the special effects were substandard. There isn't much nice to say about this film. And what was up with the monkeys and prairie hogs?"

Top Bottom