Indoor Exercise Machine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
My old Healthrider exercise machine has finally reached its "End of Life" and so I'm looking for another indoor exercise machine to compliment the cycling. I don't want a cycling machine and I already have a Turbo Trainer. Instead, I'm looking for something that gives a good cardiovascular workout and helps to tone the upper body (note: the cycling already keeps the lower body in shape). I'm leaning towards a rowing machine, but I don't know the first thing about them. From quickly scanning the internet, it seems an air or magnetic resistance machine with some sort of digital display to track the workouts would be most appropriate.

I would very much appreciate advice and recommendations from those in the know on these matters - many thanks.

vickster

Legendary Member
Concept 2 rower, expensive new but should be available reconditioned or second hand

+1 on concept 2. Cheaper machines are not worth it. If you get one, make sure you get a rower to show you the basics. Most people at gyms use them poorly.

If you can afford it, the only rowing machine better than a concept 2 is a Water Rower. They are actually beautiful, and the water gives it a real rowing experience.

Or buy a couple of kettlebells, much cheaper as long as you don't fling them through a window.

Top Bottom