Indoor Trainers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CharlieBoy

Hello!

I wonder if anyone as any experience of indoor road trainers? I'm keen to maintain my cycle activity through the winter, but due to work am about to hit a period of getting home late and less likely to be cycle commuting. I had considered hitting the road at night but realistically I am less likely to get in the saddle and do this....so I am considering a trainer for my attic conversion, so I have somewhere to ride without fuss.

I have no experience of these at all and wondered if they are worth their while and if there are and brands or specific models to look for or avoid???

Many thanks,

Charlie

RedBike

They are increadably boaring. You'll want something, anything to do at the same time.
I now use one (Tacx I-magic) which plugs into your computer and lets you ride through a virtual world. This is actually quite good fun and the option to race against your previous rides / other people really motivates you to try HARD. I often fall off the i-magic barely able to walk and completely out of breath having given it everything to avoid coming last in a race.

You tend to sweat loads whiles using them so you'll need somewhere that isn't carpeted and is very well vented. A big floor standing fan is also a big plus.

Tacx are a good make / the Kurt Kinetic is probably one of the most realistic ones i've ever tried.

Top Bottom