Infamous sportsmen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mark st1

Plastic Manc
Me! I was famous for being crap at football and gymnastics at the BBs, so much so that I was practically guaranteed to jump over the horse, catch one of my feet on the top, tumble off and land in a small heap on the other side, often upside down (thank gawd for crash mats, I'd probably have broken my neck or something otherwise!). :laugh:

Now, if we had done cycling, then it would have been different.....

I dissagree ! you would have looked more silly trying to mount a bike like that :tongue:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Donald Crowhurst
I first read "The Strange Last Voyage of Donald Crowhurst" when it came out in 1970. It's an unbearably sad tale of a decent man who backed himself into a corner from which he could find no escape. A real tragedy.

The night before Kasparov was beaten by IBM's grandmaster computer, a cleaner claims to have enterred Deep Blue's hotel room and witness it flushing semiconductors down the bog.

This was an error - Deep Blue was in fact undergoing a sex change and these were silicone implants

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Lester Piggott
a strange one. Convicted tax dodger yes - but his popularity was undimmed. People appreciated the struggle he had with his weight, and, of course, that he was completely driven by the need to win. Ruthless in a tight finish, taciturn after, but well-liked - almost loved.

OP
OP
mr_hippo

mr_hippo

Living Legend & Old Fart
Onishchenko's opponent was Jim Fox who I knew as L/Cpl Fox when he was a PTI in REME's Arborfield Barracks Reading in the mid 60s; later commissioned and ended up as Major.
David Calamity James more interested in Tomb Raider than goalkeeping.
Mary Decker for attempting to trip up Zola Budd and failing

John Higgins

Trevor and Greg Chappell

Top Bottom