1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Information for ATC 2000 users

Discussion in 'Bikes and Buying Advice - What Bike?' started by magnatom, 7 Apr 2008.

1. magnatom

magnatom Guest

I don't have the ATC 2000 any more, however, I came across the website that has information on how to improve the audio quality and to improve the field of view of the camera.

http://www.utahtrikes.com/ARTICLE-31.html

Hope this helps!

:sad:

P.S. PPTim, it might be time to open yours up to see if it is repairable?

2. PrettyboyTim

PrettyboyTim New Member

I already took mine apart several times to see if I could get it to work. Unfortunately the later stages of this weren't completely non-destructive - especially the bit where I took the SD card reading section apart to see if anything was broken in there. I probably could have put it all back together if I wanted to, but as I was still unable to get it to work I threw the remaining pieces away. :sad:

3. beanzontoast

beanzontoast Veteran

Useful ideas. Surely the waterproofing being compromised isn't a good trade-off for better sound quality though?

And still in the queue for my ATC2000-lookie-likie (Decathlon didn't have any when I called in at the weekend :rolleyes: ).

4. magnatom

magnatom Guest

I think the waterproofing is overkill. You can actually take this camera under water! The mic is underneath so I think even with the rubber seal removed the camera would be waterproof enough for most weather. Don't quote me on that though!

5. beanzontoast

beanzontoast Veteran

Hmmm. Itching to have a go. Decathlon were a bit vague about when they'd be next having them in. I can see me going to Amazon and paying the extra tenner. They have this listed in Electronics and also this listed... in Toys and Games? Is the second one that different to the first?

6. mr_cellophane

mr_cellophane Veteran

Which store did you go to - there isn't one in Derbyshire.

Stockport have 2
    Giltbrook don't have any, but they are stocktaking next week.
    Merry Hill - none
    Surrey Quays - 9 (where I got mine)
    Lakeside - 2
    Sheffield - none

Surrey Quays is enormous. It is 2 warehouse each nearly as large as the whole Lakeside one.

7. beanzontoast

beanzontoast Veteran

Mr C - you've been playing with the store checker too! Thanks for the detail. I'd checked Merry Hill and Sheffield too.

Went to Giltbrook - it's easiest for us. They had 5 coming from the warehouse. I'm trying to persuade Mrs B to swing by later on today as she's that way over, but will obviously give them a ring first.

8. beanzontoast

beanzontoast Veteran

Just checked with Giltbrook - they say there's been a delay getting them into their warehouse, so it will be the end of the month before they have them in store. ;)