****ing bank charges

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Moose

I claimed back 6 years worth of charges for my partners son totalling about £4000 before the test cases in court.

As far as I can gather, one test case has determined these charges were indeed covered by the 'Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations' and all that was left to be decided would be if the charges are actually 'unfair' - this is currently under appeal and another test case has determined that the charges are not 'penalties' under common law.

buggi

Bird Saviour
i bank with Yorkshire Bank and although they are few and far between i never have any hassle. when i want an overdraft they always give it. Once they asked me why i wanted it and i answered "coz i'm broke" :ohmy: so they gave me it. hehe.

my Mint credit card on the other hand... they didn't send me a statement for two months after i did a balance transfer. i knew i had a bit left on the card so i phoned up and explained i hadn't received a statement and was worried i may have missed a payment. the woman on the phone assured me my next payment wasn't due until December and that was why i hadn't received a statement.

one week later a statement dropped through the door, followed immediately by another letter telling me that i had missed a payment and they were charging me. needless to say i got straight on the phone to have a major rant.

yello

I went into my bank yesterday to do a money transfer to Germany. The kind of thing that UK banks rub their hands with eager anticipation of fleecing you for (£20 I recall my last one being). I was expecting similar treatment here. I was somewhat astounded to be charged €3.90 for it.

Still, as it costs us €45 a year just to have 2 debit cards on the account then I think I can safely say that they make their money back elsewhere!

GrahamG

Guru
I asked why they still allow transactions to go through when an overdraft limit is reached - apparently they 'can't do it'. Surely this is utter crap in this day and age?

Top Bottom