****ing mice think I'm their new best mate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

byegad

Legendary Member
The traps I use nearly cut the little beggars in half. I do lose peanut butter from the traps, but I know that it's the slugs that get to it. Mind you, the bigger ones set the traps off too.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Marmite and they will soon move out

Rezillo

TwoSheds
These have never failed us:

View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rentokil-Capture-Mouse-Traps-Loose/dp/B000TAUQPK

Longest time from feline deposition has been about 48 hours but usually less than a day and sometimes just minutes for voles. A generous daub of peanut butter at one end and a 20p coin taped to the other as a counterbalance aid.

We have three of these to hand, although I have got pretty nifty at simply rapidly grabbing the mouse alive in the 1.5 seconds you get from it being dropped to it to make a decision to leg it. Not for everyone - voles have very sharp teeth. Plus if I then throw it out of the nearest window, the cat promptly nips outside and catches it again.

One piece of advice - don't be tempted to check indoors if a closed one has something in it. If it does, it won't stay there long.

You can recommend it but at £60 I ain't bitin' ^_^
only cost me a fiver :smile:
and it does work.
How much do you want to catch - rather then entertain - the things?
I did buy a plastic contraption for less than a tenner (more than I paid for my Longworth) and that was useless/just sneered at by the mice.
It's also far cheaper than a cat in so so many ways.

We have small clear plastic box type traps that have a door at one end that they go into and the door shuts behind them. We never put anything in the traps. We put them outside along the wall and they go In and whamo:laugh:.

We catch loads as well.

They work really well.
mm - do you have a pic - maybe it's the one I had no success with.
two things about the rest of your post strike me:
@ too bloody mean to at least give the mice a gourmet treat.
@ why are you interested in catching mice outside? Why not leave them be?

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
mm - do you have a pic - maybe it's the one I had no success with.
two things about the rest of your post strike me:
@ too bloody mean to at least give the mice a gourmet treat.
@ why are you interested in catching mice outside? Why not leave them be?

It's dark now so I will take a pic in the morning.

And we get them outside so that they don't come inside.

That's not a trap, it's a bloody mouse caravan!

I know what you mean - supposedly in the rear bit, where the mouse ends up, you are supposed to put bedding, so the damn thing can settle in. Am surprised they didn't suggest a selected library of good mouse reads. Sod that - the thing will be moving out pronto in the morning when I see the door closed.
It is a humane trap though - does them no harm if they don't take fright/go bonkers at an enforced overnight stay in a metal room. They two I have caught did look kinda cute when I peered in to release them on a bit of local grass.
I did make the mistake of releasing one on my front lawn - when I thought about it, I wouldn't be too surprised to learn that it just ambled straight back in.

These have never failed us:

View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rentokil-Capture-Mouse-Traps-Loose/dp/B000TAUQPK

Longest time from feline deposition has been about 48 hours but usually less than a day and sometimes just minutes for voles. A generous daub of peanut butter at one end and a 20p coin taped to the other as a counterbalance aid.

We have three of these to hand, although I have got pretty nifty at simply rapidly grabbing the mouse alive in the 1.5 seconds you get from it being dropped to it to make a decision to leg it. Not for everyone - voles have very sharp teeth. Plus if I then throw it out of the nearest window, the cat promptly nips outside and catches it again.

One piece of advice - don't be tempted to check indoors if a closed one has something in it. If it does, it won't stay there long.
that looks kind of similar to the metak one I posted above.
Can you clarify where you put the bait?
Right in the far back end - the bit that's raised?

Top Bottom