injury is moving me from running to cycling for a while?)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

romany123

Just to say Hi

Been a runner for about 53 years (ran for my school at 14) from mountain marathons, fell running to extreme and back. I now run for the pleasure and not so far. That was untill I injured my leg in a Karate session four months ago. I am now doing Physiotherapy and am on the mend with lots of cross training thrown in. My physio sujested that I should also take up cycling, hence I have been lurking here for a while.

Look forward to using your expertise when it comes to buying a suitable machine.

Dave

Bman

Guru
Welcome to the forums :smile:

Beware, cycling is addictive :biggrin: :becool:

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Type of bike is a tricky question, but in your case I'd ask what you get most pleasure out of?

If it is speed and fitness, it's a road bike. If it's the open countryside, footpaths/trails and adrenaline/control, then a mountain bike. If its a mixture of nothing too serious, including commuting, and you are a little bit wary, one of the urban/hybrid options may suit.

Have fun looking.

OP
OP
R

romany123

Hi guy’s

I know what you mean by getting addictive lol

Jim

I guess I will be looking for something like the Trek 7 Hybrid series (got this far by searching the forums) to see how I get on. I am in no real hurry as my physiotherapist programme is good, it gives me a good cardiovascular workout (I use a cross trainer with programmable routines that enables me to do a lot of fartlek work), a set of workouts to repair the damage I did to my leg, and my normal stretching routine.

I am assuming that bikes get cheaper in the sales, after the new models have come out and the Christmas rush is over?

Dave

Top Bottom