Inline fuse

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CXRAndy

Guru

the_mikey

Legendary Member
i was using a ten amp fuse the wire on the fuse holder came off and touched the other wire that was connected to it i was thinking of an inline fuse holder to make it easier to change if it went again the fuse has been ok for a few years does anyone have a pic of the fuse they use does it have to be a glass one if anyone can recommend a fuse holder and fuse and have a pic or link to one would be very much appreciated

You can use whatever style of fuse holder you like, but be sure to ensure the fuse holder itself will handle the current, and maybe upgrade the 10A fuse to 15A as 10A may be too borderline.

OP
OP
gazza19

gazza19

You can use whatever style of fuse holder you like, but be sure to ensure the fuse holder itself will handle the current, and maybe upgrade the 10A fuse to 15A as 10A may be too borderline.
thank you, you dont have a link to one do you and could you use a fuse that goes into a normal plug or does it have to be the glass type

the_mikey

Legendary Member
thank you, you dont have a link to one do you and could you use a fuse that goes into a normal plug or does it have to be the glass type

I don't know what would be practical in your case, if you are able to crimp cables you can purchase a moulded ready made automotive fuse holder complete with leads suitable for 30A or more and simply crimp the fuse holder in place of the old one.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Inline-A...030627?hash=item1f092e8823:g:uZYAAOSwUOJeFgjG

Or something similar to that.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Here's a cheap gizmo.....

The W54 Series thermal circuit breakers come at different current ratings and cost about the same as half a pint of beer. Here's a link.

https://cpc.farnell.com/potter-brum...54-xb1a4a10-20/circuit-breaker-20a/dp/FF01648

OK, you'll have to keep the weather out but that's not too difficult. Stick it in a very small box with a cable gland.

Last edited:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I think the reason that Lithium Ion batteries use an internal fuse is if the wire leading to an external one shorted out the batteries tend to explode. :ohmy:

Top Bottom