Inline seat post

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
For a road bike, up to £50 ish. Been looking but confusing myself as to which is a road one and which is for bmx and mountain bike (for this read, i'm not really sure what the difference is). Anyone got one or have any recommendations please?

02GF74

Über Member
forget bmx - they have different mount for the saddle.

generally road and mountain bike are the same, the latter tend to be longer and larger diameter.

your first step is to figure out the internal diameter of your seat tube - if your post isfitted without a shim, then the posts are usually marked with the diameter.

next you need to figure the length of post - these start from around 200 mm up to 400 mm (you can get shorter and longer but that would imply your frame is not the right size).

then how much you want to spend? cheap and cheerful are kalloy; you can get rade face, thomson, easton etc. in alloy and carbon fibre.

OP
OP
themosquitoking
forget bmx - they have different mount for the saddle.

generally road and mountain bike are the same, the latter tend to be longer and larger diameter.

your first step is to figure out the internal diameter of your seat tube - if your post isfitted without a shim, then the posts are usually marked with the diameter.

next you need to figure the length of post - these start from around 200 mm up to 400 mm (you can get shorter and longer but that would imply your frame is not the right size).

then how much you want to spend? cheap and cheerful are kalloy; you can get rade face, thomson, easton etc. in alloy and carbon fibre.
Cheers, i'm aware about getting the correct diameter and length. If there's no real difference in the clamp that makes me feel a bit less likely to order the wrong one, i'll have another look now.

Top Bottom