Inline twin bolt seat posts. Is there a knack...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
...that I don't have, for getting your saddle at the angle you want it at?

Brook B17 saddle, IRD Type 2 QUAD zero layback post which has the bolts inline with the frame so fore and aft of the post. The twin bolt Ritchey on my MTB is a piece of cake but the bolts on that are on either side of the post.

On the original single bolt Kalloy lump everything was good but it had too much layback. Having swapped posts I know can't get the saddle as flat as I want it.

Help!

(cross posted on CTC forum)

OP
OP
GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
...that I don't have, for getting your saddle at the angle you want it at?

Brook B17 saddle, IRD Type 2 QUAD zero layback post which has the bolts inline with the frame so fore and aft of the post. The twin bolt Ritchey on my MTB is a piece of cake but the bolts on that are on either side of the post.

On the original single bolt Kalloy lump everything was good but it had too much layback. Having swapped posts I know can't get the saddle as flat as I want it.

Help!

(cross posted on CTC forum)

D

Deleted member 1258

I have these on my Pearson. I normally park the bike on level ground and use a spirit level, tightening the bolts alternatively a half or a quarter a turn at a time until I get it where I want.

D

Deleted member 1258

I have these on my Pearson. I normally park the bike on level ground and use a spirit level, tightening the bolts alternatively a half or a quarter a turn at a time until I get it where I want.

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
Set the saddle so the nose is a bit low, tighten the front bolt till its loosely finger tight. tighten rear bolt, which should bring the front of the saddle to the level you want it to be.

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
Set the saddle so the nose is a bit low, tighten the front bolt till its loosely finger tight. tighten rear bolt, which should bring the front of the saddle to the level you want it to be.

Top Bottom