Inner tube not fitting but definitely right size - please help!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

G_forcellati

Hi guys,

I’m completely new to this so I’m sorry if this is a stupid question.

I recently got my first puncture so I bought a few new inner tubes off someone local who has said that they are 100% the correct size for the tyre. Every time I go to put them in they seem to be too long (as seen in the picture below).

once deflated, I can get the inner tube into the tyre but it is creased and clumped together.

once the tyre is inflated I can’t feel any abnormalities but I do not want to take any risks before I get back out on the road. Is this ok?

any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• 434BF5F5-11DE-4A84-9FEF-77E922843921.jpeg
    434BF5F5-11DE-4A84-9FEF-77E922843921.jpeg
    123 KB · Views: 10

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
It doesn't look OK :-/

What do any markings on the tyre and tube say? It would be great if they are of the form NN-DDD where NN is the width in mm and DDD is the rim diameter in mm, but anything like 700x35C or whatever would help inform.

OP
OP
G_forcellati

G_forcellati

It doesn't look OK :-/

What do any markings on the tyre and tube say? It would be great if they are of the form NN-DDD where NN is the width in mm and DDD is the rim diameter in mm, but anything like 700x35C or whatever would help inform.

hi thanks for the reply.
I managed to get it in and have a short ride on it and it seemed ok but wouldn’t want to continue if not safe.

I have attached pictures of sizes FYI

Attachments

• 9A973362-9AF2-4F2C-9905-721204E089C8.jpeg
    9A973362-9AF2-4F2C-9905-721204E089C8.jpeg
    229 KB · Views: 13
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: mjr

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Well that looks like it should work, as 20 is between 18 and 25. Maybe someone put the wrong tube in the box but most likely it's OK.

That said, I didn't have a happy time with Vavert tubes and I'd make sure I carried a spare while riding that. It's in the back wheel so hopefully even if a creased tube rubs itself apart, it'll be a skid stop at worst, rather than a full crash.

Top Bottom