Inner tubes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickg

Über Member
Im currently building up some kit, spares and tools. Just looking the the auction site at inner tubes, the continental ones and there seems to be a difference in length of valve. Does this matter? or should I go out and measure my current ones?
Also can some just tell me what the sizes mean? mine read 700x23c Is this 23mm wide and 700mmtall so to speak?

OP
OP
nickg

nickg

Über Member
Also what make do you fit? do you buy branded tubes or not?

700 = wheel size
xxc = tyre width
Valve length required will depend on the depth of your rims, aero wheels with deep rims require longer stems.

vickster

Legendary Member
My understanding is that an inner tube is an inner tube

Enjoy yours, especially changing them (which I have never yet had to do)

OP
OP
nickg

nickg

Über Member
Yes that is what I thought but reading some reviews, the specialized ones are very thin and people that had changed to them suffered many punctures. this is only what ive read.

vickster

Legendary Member
I don't know. I have only had one visit, which was fixed by a shop with a Specialized tube. I bought 3 from CS, never had to use one (fortunately, as I wouldn't have a clue :whistle: )

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Yes that is what I thought but reading some reviews, the specialized ones are very thin and people that had changed to them suffered many punctures. this is only what ive read.

You can't always believe what you read.
Specialized inner tubes are fine.

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
I prefer Schwalbe tubes, they seemed to puncture less than the Specialized, before I went to Marathon Plus tyres.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
I use Michelin A1 Airstop Butyl for general use (1.99 from planet x). I prefer the valves. They have a smooth unthreaded stem - no threaded collar to fiddle with, and (the valves) also seem to work better than Continental, for example.

Top Bottom