Inner tubes.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hensman98

Hi guys.
This may sound a stupid question as me being a begginer to cycling i dont really have any idea but im not sure which size inner tubes to get. If anyone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated. I have included a photo of the dimensions. Thanks.

Attachments

• 1454600690087-938829547.jpg
    1454600690087-938829547.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 44
700x25
(The sizes on the tyre show both imperial size and metric.

tyred

Legendary Member
You actually have the tyre size written there in 3 different standards - 700 x 25c, 25-622 and 28" x 1" so can use any of these although be aware that there are at least two entirely different 28" sized wheels in existence so use one of the others to avoid any possible confusion. A tube will fit a range of tyre sizes so will find tubes marketed as something like 23-28-622 (or 700 x23-28c) which will be perfect for your needs.

jay clock

Massive member
[QUOTE 4139849, member: 9609"]As it would appear the OP question has been answered, I am going to ask one of my own on inner tubes.

Yesterday I was cycling with a lad and he had a puncture, we were not going to be able to repair it as it had a car tyre valve and we didnt have a pump to fit. I suggested we used my spare inner but as his tyre was a fairly fat off road 26" and my inner was for a 700 x 25c ... he just said it wouldn't work and as we only had 5 mile to go we decided I finish the route off and drive back and pick him up and he would start walking.

I'm curious now - would it have worked and got us the last 5 mile ?
i am thinking it may have felt a little uneven and not suggesting as long term fix, but would it have worked for a few 10s of miles if jsut going slowly.[/QUOTE]
might have but biggest issue would be that a 25mm tube vs an MTB one is that blah blah something involving pi r squared there is a lot more space to be filled in the MTB tyre and the 25mm tube would be stretched to buggery

Tim Hall

The supplementary answer is: Are you sure the pump wouldn't fit his Schraeder (car tyre) valve. On many pumps these days you can get what was a presta type pump to work on a schraeder by unscrewing the plastic ring, removing the grommet thing that grips the valve, removing the widget underneath it. Replace the widget upside down, so the pin points outwards, replace the grommet so the larger diameter hole is outwards, screw the plastic ring back on.

Sorry if this is grandmother and eggs time.

Top Bottom