Inner tubes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hensman98

This may sound a stupid question but from these measurements what size inner tubes do i need to buy for example 700 x 25 60mm. Basically what mm 700 x 25 do i need to buy. Thanks.

Attachments

• 14551267824151353133604.jpg
    14551267824151353133604.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 43

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Any tube that includes 700 (aka 622mm) in its diameter range and includes 25mm in its width range. 60mm is the valve length - 48mm is the other common length and whether it would work depends if you could have 12mm less valve sticking through the rim. I think PlanetX were clearance-selling some Vavert inner tubes for 90p each if you're anywhere near them, but it's probably not worth a £4 delivery charge or whatever it is.
Are those the ones with two-piece valves where the core can come out by mistake as you take the pump off?

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Any tube that includes 700 (aka 622mm) in its diameter range and includes 25mm in its width range. 60mm is the valve length - 48mm is the other common length and whether it would work depends if you could have 12mm less valve sticking through the rim. I think PlanetX were clearance-selling some Vavert inner tubes for 90p each if you're anywhere near them, but it's probably not worth a £4 delivery charge or whatever it is.
Are those the ones with two-piece valves where the core can come out by mistake as you take the pump off?
I have never had that problem, Have always used conti tubes.:okay:

vickster

Legendary Member
I got continental ones at 3 for £9 from halfords not long ago

Or their own tubes are fine, often on a 5 for a tenner deal as currently :smile:

Last edited:
Personally I use Specialized 700 X (18-25) tubes. They have 1 piece valves, so the cores won't unscrew, if I have to use my pump, on the ride. I'll go for 48 mm length valves, that way, it's easier to get the pump on, but they don't flap about like 60mm or above length valves can ( I've not got ridiculous depth rims, so I don't need very long valves )

I've heard of the problem many a time but had never come across it until a mate had it happen to him just before Christmas with a Leyzne. Lol, I got a new Leyzne pump for Christmas with a screw on hose and it happened to me last Saturday. I might go back to a press fit pump, circa 10 years without it happening :-/

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I've even used the two for £2.50 tubes and the quality is good. I've had issues with Cont tubes before now, lots of valve issues.

Michelin, vittoria, decathlon are my main ones in order of preference.

martint235

Dog on a bike
I wasn't impressed by their Schrader tubes with the rubber too thick up the valve stem so it didn't fit through some rims. And why did you include a Google CLick IDentifier (gclid=...) in your link to them? :unsure:
Work browser just added it and it's a slow day. I've bought loads of presta tubes but only one lot of MTB schraders which were fine. I've possibly been very lucky but they are cheap. Running them with Durano means I can also wait for the offer of a freebie before re-ordering

Top Bottom