1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Inner tubes

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Panter, 26 Sep 2007.

1. Panter

Panter Just call me Chris...

Evening all xx(

I bought some inner tubes at Decathlon last Weekend for my new bike which was delivered Monday.

I'm just fitting the saddlebag, getting all the tools together etc and I've realised I've bought the wrong size tubes. They're 700 X 18-25 and my tyres are 700 X 26c.
    Will I get away with them or will they just fail ?

Decathlons a bit too far away just to exchange them, the petrol would cost more than the tubes :sad:

2. DLB

DLB Senior Member

Absolutely no experience of this, but i'd be surprised it they didn't work ok.

no doubt somebody on here will know tho...

3. Steve Austin

Steve Austin The Marmalade Kid

the'll be fine. if they start to p******* a lot then replace them as they ain't up to it.

4. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

They'll be fine.

5. OP
    OP
    Panter

Thanks Guys :sad:

Very much appreciated xx(

What would I do without this place?????

6. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Yeah, you might have to talk to real people or something [shudder]!

7. OP
    OP
    Panter

pmsl xx(

Bugger that, most of the real people I know aren't obsessed with bikes either. Weirdo's

8. rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

I bought the cheapo tubes from Decathlon last time and regretted my meanness when they popped with alarming regularity.

9. OP
    OP
    Panter

These aren't actually their cheapest "Blue product" range, but the next one up, so still pretty cheap.

If I get any problems I'll go back to the Michellins, only in the right size next time........