Inside Arch's head.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Aperitif said:
Very good - and nice lilting music too!

Arch, you must try a three minute (pretend) commute along Kentish Town Road or somewhere in London's rush. Possibly your camera would be 'liberated' from your lid en route but... the video would be like 'Terminator' - as opposed to your retro 60s Eastmancolor wonder! :thumbsup:

Yeah, thanks to whoever it was suggested I look up Baby Elephant Walk when I was buying itunes last week....

It is a bit easy doing that bit. The inner ring road gets a bit busier, but traffic jamming in York ends to be dealing with stationary stuff, rather than mixing it with moving stuff...

I've only ridden in London once, and was loaded down with luggage and it was a Saturday. I'd quite like to try it some time, but don't anyone tell my mother, she'd have kittens at the thought...

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Arch, Londons easy, Keep up with the flow of traffic, which is not hard. Watch where you are going and it is no problem.

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Dayvo said:
Very good, Arch, but was it, erm, filmed in slow-motion? ;):biggrin:

:biggrin:

Choose one or more of the following:

a) It is a feature of digital video to slow the action down a little
b)It would be recklees to ride at speed in an area with so many wandering pedestrians.
c) Ok, I'm a pootler...

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Arch said:
;)

Choose one or more of the following:

a) It is a feature of digital video to slow the action down a little
b)It would be recklees to ride at speed in an area with so many wandering pedestrians.
c) Ok, I'm a pootler...
or d) riding at a tempo sympathetic with the music. or it would need to have been called baby elephant legging it about like it's on acid or something…

gavintc

Guru
I usually find commute vids rather boring. But, I really enjoyed that one. Well done on the music and the thoughts, it livened up the 'very' short journey. I had not appreciated that you work and live within the walls. I had somehow imagined that you lived in the suburbs and worked at the main uni campus.

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
gavintc said:
I usually find commute vids rather boring. But, I really enjoyed that one. Well done on the music and the thoughts, it livened up the 'very' short journey. I had not appreciated that you work and live within the walls. I had somehow imagined that you lived in the suburbs and worked at the main uni campus.

No, the Archaeology Dept is bang in the middle of town - well, I suspect until the campus extension is built, but I'll be gone by then... And yeah, the flat is conveniently placed for local amenties etc;) Funny, I can hardly imagine living 'as far out' as South Bank, or Fulford, now... Not needing a carparking space does mean you can live pretty central. And I have a Minster view:smile:

It is a very short commute though... Barely a commute at all. On the other hand, if I forget something, it's not far to pop home...

pzycoman

*runs around insde Arch's head*

I was wondering about getting a helmet cam, but it might catch the norty things that I do (the odd occasional RLJ behind another vehicle, or "accidentally" colliding with another vehicles mirror). Oh and id have to edit out all the swearing and the obscene gestures that I make.

pzycoman said:

I was wondering about getting a helmet cam, but it might catch the norty things that I do (the odd occasional RLJ behind another vehicle, or "accidentally" colliding with another vehicles mirror). Oh and id have to edit out all the swearing and the obscene gestures that I make.

pzycoman,

You've got it wrong. You edit out your misdemeanors and you keep the swearing and the obscene gestures in. Thats the interesting bit ;).

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
pzycoman said:

Will you keep still! I'm getting a headache...

Didn't quite capture a great shot last night - was riding up behind a guy walking down the middle of the road, talking on his phone, and perhaps rang my bell a little belatedly, so that he reacted pretty much as I passed him - the look of shock was great, and he sort of jumped and flung both arms out (lucky I gave him enough room) Sadly I was too close and past, so the camera didn't catch his full expression... (and he did say sorry!) I'll edit the bit out and put it in the film I intend to make, called "Dozy Peds!"

Remember, magnatom, there was someone whose vid went up on C+, criticising a van driver for cutting him up, and he was stupid enough to leave on the bit later where he jumped the red light, and all he got was told off for the RLJ...

Cab

bonj said:
And by the way, the 'nice parking', that was ok as he had his hazards on.
Don't you know that's the internationally-recognised symbol for "it's different for me, i'm not going to be long." ?

Ahh, yes, the 'hazard lights on so its okay' routine. Or, as I like to call it 'punch me I'm an inconsiderate moron'.

Arch said:
Remember, magnatom, there was someone whose vid went up on C+, criticising a van driver for cutting him up, and he was stupid enough to leave on the bit later where he jumped the red light, and all he got was told off for the RLJ...

Yes I remember that. I think I commented on the RLJ more than the incident!

I have actually changed my commute since I got my camera to avoid an underpass that I used to cycle through (one with a 'Cyclists Dismount' sign :biggrin:). If I am going to moan about other peoples cycling I have to be holiest of the holy:thumbsup:;).

Top Bottom