Insomnia

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
yeh lavendar can be a bit errm stinky! Have you tried sticking dried hops under your pillow under a layer of fabric?

I'd agree with justjim- are there any friends you could go and see to break things up a bit?

OP
OP
Night Train

Night Train

Maker of Things
just jim said:
Perhaps you need to hook up with some friends to take you out of you routine,or a trip somewhere different. A gallery or cinema combined with a walk or two.
I'm hoping to be doing something this weekend but I have also been doing some odd things out of routine recently anyway. Even met Arch the other weekend to look at trains.
I should be at the NEC furniture exhibition on Tuesday too.

Shaun

Founder
Night Train said:
I should be at the NEC furniture exhibition on Tuesday too.

What are you going as? Table, chair ... :girl:

Sorry, couldn't resist. I'm afraid I can't offer much advice on the insomnia though as I'm just off to bed. :laugh:;)

One thought though - is it a lack of physical tiredness, or is your brain not letting you rest?

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

darkstar

I just have to say on this subject, i hate it when people say (mainly on facebook) they have insomnia just because they are still up at 4am, such an overused word.

Your situation is completely different though, sorry to hear it. You could try having a cold shower before you go to bed, i know it sounds odd but i heard it works! Try reading before you go to sleep? Certain smells aid sleep as well i think.

zacklaws

Guru
Try eating some banana's. They may be good for energy but I use to preload with carbs night before a big ride by having about 4 banana's plus other carbs, but when I was on night shift, I would struggle to stay awake. I then found out that they contain tryptopan which affects the brain and makes you sleepy.

Nowadays I avoid them at work but eat 2 or 3 if I want a good nights sleep at home.

OP
OP
Night Train

Night Train

Maker of Things
Admin said:
One thought though - is it a lack of physical tiredness, or is your brain not letting you rest?

Cheers,
Shaun xx(
Going to bed at night feels little different to, say, going to bed after lunch to try and sleep before a shift change. Those who do shift work will know that feeling.

I was back out of bed at 3am to put some laundry on and defrag my desktop just for something to do.

I did get 2 hours sleep from 8-10am but I didn't wake tired at 10, I was just wide awake again.

I'll try the bananas.

Something that did cross my mind is WiFi.

Due to the current layout of my living space my bed is on a mezzanine floor above my desk and sofas. Following from losing my internet access last week I moved the WiFi router to the desk where I could mess with it while I was trying to fix my connection. It is still there effectively right underneath me as I try to sleep.

I shall switch it off tonight and see if it makes a difference.

Happiness Stan

Try tapping yourself gently in the middle of your forhead between your eyebrows about 40-50 times. Follow by a little rub in same area. Repeat once or twice and see how you get on.

OP
OP
Night Train

Night Train

Maker of Things
This is getting silly.

I slept an hour this morning after my alarm clock went off so I was almost late for work. Then I slept for 2 1/2 hours this afternoon, before heading out to the theatre, because I was suddenly absolutly knackered.

Now I am wide awake again.:smile:

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
been up since 4am...

rich p

ridiculous old lush
My pal was referred to a sleep clinic by his GP after similar problems. It might be worth asking yours if you could do the same.

Sominex anti-histamine knock me out when I'm having difficulties, but I'm usually tired and wide awake, unlike you. Are you getting enough fresh air, daylight and exercise? it's not uncommon for people's natural rhythms to be out of synch at this time of year.

Greedo

Watch this film, It will send you to sleep no problem

80insomnia.jpg

I sleep until 01:30 approx. Followed by a listen to the radio and a doze. If I get up at 03:00+ that is a result.

At weekends it is worse as 'Sam's Chicken' downstairs, doesn't close until 02:30. Then they have a clean up and, as all the staff live next door, they bang and crash until sleep takes a hold of them...

Makes for good early morning rides. It is only the difference between dark and light basically (providing safety is not compromised) - all the rest is just numbers.

In your job NT, it's not easy - I have seen someone thrown across the room holding onto a turning tool...funny, but serious.

Happiness Stan

Ok try this. Find the back edge of your ear. Come down in a straight line until you leave the edge of the ear. Go about another half inch to an inch and your will find a spot which is very tender upon compression. Give it a rub for a minute ot two and this may help.

The point is known as Anmian or 'Peaceful Sleep'

Top Bottom