Insomnia

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
I find it hard to get to sleep most nights, i can go to bed at about 11, and not get to sleep untill between 12-1. I'll wake up early in the morning, about 5 or 6, and then just lie there in bed trying to get to sleep.
I found that going for a pee, or just walking round the house when its dark helps. Watching TV till you feel really tired sometimes help me.
Its made me abit grumpy, and is probably the reason why i'm not doing as well at school as i probably should be.

Joe24 said:
I find it hard to get to sleep most nights, i can go to bed at about 11, and not get to sleep untill between 12-1. I'll wake up early in the morning, about 5 or 6, and then just lie there in bed trying to get to sleep.
I found that going for a pee, or just walking round the house when its dark helps. Watching TV till you feel really tired sometimes help me.
Its made me abit grumpy, and is probably the reason why i'm not doing as well at school as i probably should be.

Joe, you may be interested in this...

One important change that occurs at night time is increased levels of the 'darkness hormone' melatonin, which helps us to fall asleep. Most adults start to produce melatonin at about 10pm. When teenagers were studied in a sleep laboratory, researchers discovered that they only began to produce the hormone at 1am.

This delay in melatonin production might be caused by the behaviour of teenagers. When they stay up late, they often play computer games or watch television. This stimulates the brain and exposes the teenagers to bright lights which could cause the later release of melatonin.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbody/mind/articles/emotions/teenagers/sleep.shtml

Top Bottom