Inspire me, please!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

xilios

Veteran
Where to/from?

Something like this. On the bottom of page there is a rough map.
http://trektravel.com/trip/pyrenees-bike-tour/
On second thought 3 weeks might be a bit too long for such a ride, it can be done in half the time.
My wife and I have 4 weeks and are cycling from Porto to Alicante (the long way) at the end of September, it's about 1000 kilometers (as the crow flies) so it can be done in 3 weeks, but than it might be too hot July/August.
Another idea is Corsica with a side tour of Sardinia, or a tour of Crete, 3 weeks is just about right for both. The benefit of these is that a nice swim in the sea awaits at the end of the day :-)

Last edited:

skid100

Regular
How about cycling in eastern north Spain? the scenery is amazing, lots of culture and extremely quiet roads, friendly locals etc etc this is the real Spain, challenging climbs, in fact, this year's Vuelta rides 2 of their routes www.cyclingruralspain.co.uk

Another idea is Corsica with a side tour of Sardinia, or a tour of Crete, 3 weeks is just about right for both. The benefit of these is that a nice swim in the sea awaits at the end of the day :-)
Sardinia is wonderful for cycling but no way would i go touring there in the period the OP is considering.
Way too hot.
Hint - it's already touching 30 degrees.

So long as you avoid the final section under the Rudmore roundabout the ferry port is Portsmouth is fully accessible by trike. I regularly ride around Portsmouth on a range or trikes and have few problems, except in underpasses which are consistently poor

If you need a route, let me know

Where to/from?
The classic route is the Raid Pyrenee, done fast within 100hrs, but you can take things at your own pace and meander off-route; some of the smaller climbs are really sweet.
Maps are good, camping is plentiful, food is hearty, dogs are big.
Conditions are variable: v hot, cool and rainy, thunderstorms.

Top Bottom