Insurance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rsvdaz

not sure this is in the right section..what does everyone do about theft insurance...my household one only covers bikes upto £350 with a £250 excess!!

e-rider

crappy member
So if your bike if worth £600+ you'll get the full £350 if it's stolen - usually!

Some house insurance does cover the full value of any bike.

Otherwise buy a bike specific policy. I did that but it cost me £80 for 1 year to insure 2 bikes with total value of £1500

I forgot to say: bike specific policies are most useful and straight forward if the bike is new(ish) and not modified much - ie. an off the shelf bike. Some insurers will insure custom built bikes but you'll pay through the nose, and will require a receipt for every component.

OP
OP
rsvdaz

rsvdaz

nope...if the bike i worth £600+ you will get £350 minus the £250 excess....£100!!!

are there cycle specific insurance companies?

e-rider

crappy member
rsvdaz said:
nope...if the bike i worth £600+ you will get £350 minus the £250 excess....£100!!!

are there cycle specific insurance companies?

that's not my experience

and yes, there are several to choose from. Evans cycles even has one on their website now. Instant quotes too!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Try a different insurance company - I use CIS - they have £1000 bike cover, plus you can specify certain items/bikes of higher value, and insure on an extension.

Lots of other companies out there too....

Top Bottom