Insure your bicycle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Garz

Squat Member
I added mine to the house insurance only bumping it up by a couple of quid per month.

OP
OP
macp

macp

Guru
Garz said:
I added mine to the house insurance only bumping it up by a couple of quid per month.

My house insurers will only insure upto a value of £500 and then the excess is £100.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
I don't know if it occurs in other policies (I'm only just about to buy a bike worth insuring) but I don't like this exclusion: -

Loss or damage arising from the use of the pedal cycle(s) for racing, pacemaking, time or reliability trials or whilst practising for any of them.

How do they determine whether you are going out for a spin or training for a race/sportive?

battered

Guru
No racing is just a standard clause in insurance. look in your motor policy, you'll see the same. This applies even if your car is a Caterham 7 / Porsche 911 with full cage and 6 point safety harnesses.

If you write off your bike when covered in race numbers etc and you are in too much of a mess to say "I was just training" then it may be excluded, but if you are out on a ride your statement "I was just out for a ride" is good enough. They won't care.

Garz

Squat Member
macp said:
My house insurers will only insure upto a value of £500 and then the excess is £100.

Well mines similar but the bike brand new I got for £600 so im happy with their cover for a couple of squid per month. ;)

Top Bottom