Integrated seat posts or traditional

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

colmcrowley

What is the opinion out there on buying a bike with n integrated seat post that need to be cut so size; seems bit risky if your first estimate/ measure is wrong?, Colm

U

User6179

If there is no adjustment you better make sure you have the correct saddle as changing the saddle could alter the overall height depending on the rise on the rails and amount of padding it has .
Will also be impossible to sell the bike to someone with longer legs if you want to sell it on .

Sillyoldman

Veteran
As I have over the last 4 years got fitter and much more flexible (spine wise) I have found that I have adjusted fore/aft saddle position and as a result had to change the saddle height as well. I am now a fair way remote from where I started out. So if you are a super athlete and your riding position is unlikely to change then you could be ok but speaking from personal experience if I had bought a bike with no seat post adjustment then I would be goosed, and looking at an expensive "upgrade".

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Many high-end framesets either aren't available with an ISP, or it's a choice you make at time of purchase.

Top Bottom