Inter-property fence

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Our side fence is ours - we put it in when we moved in as the neighbour wouldn't - it was a quality one that lasted 23 years, and we just slotted in new panels last year when the newer neighbours were out - they must have thought, wow, a new fence.

If you suspect the neighbour can't repair it, I'd just do it, as potentially it could bring down more in another high wind situation.

OP
OP
figbat

figbat

Slippery scientist
Neighbour has replied after a brief silence - they have admitted it looks like the fence is on their land and have asked for permission to access our garden to assess it. Not sure he realises how the fence is built, as he wants to see the condition of the posts from our side but as it’s a continuous arris rail fence all you can see our side is an unbroken run of featheredge boarding. I’ve said he’s welcome to have a look.

I would gladly fix it myself but I simply can not get at the post - the work would have to be from their side. Besides, I don’t react well to the way it was assumed I’d fix what was clearly his fence. He is looking at the paperwork and deeds but not at the actual fence itself.

Top Bottom